2009 - North Potomac Citizens Association Community Alert
Belward Farm, including Gaithersburg West & North Potomac, is being threatened by the Proposed Development of a Science City
This historic farm… could become a city that overcrowds our schools & roadways… forever altering our suburban lifestyle.
• The Real Estate Division of Johns Hopkins University plans to develop a massive Science City on Belward Farm, a 108 acre farmstead located northeast of the intersection of Muddy Branch Road and Rt. 28
• This Science City will resemble downtown Bethesda -- with nearly two dozen buildings, some 12-14 stories tall
• Only 10% of the original Belward Farm would be preserved
• Muddy Branch Road will be widened to 6 lanes, with highway-style multi-level ramps
• Tens of thousands of additional cars will be added to our roads daily
• The Montgomery County Council will review the draft Gaithersburg West Master Plan for Belward Farm and surrounding areas in September 2009, and finalize the plan by December 2009!
PLEASE HELP US SUPPORT A SCIENCE CAMPUS - NOT A SCIENCE CITY.
YOUR ACTION IS NEEDED! YOUR VOICE WILL BE HEARD! Please contact the County Council and Council President Phil Andrews to let them know that you oppose this large-scale development. For additional information, please visit the following websites:www.scale-it-back.com www.reasonabledevelopment.info www.northpotomacnews.org
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE!